[Asterisk-Dev] where is the thread which monitors all the idle channels?

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Oct 28 09:44:56 MST 2005

On Oct 28, 2005, at 3:53 AM, Matteo Piazza wrote:

> In doxygen documentation is explained this:
> "Typically, a channel reads a configuration file on startup which
> tells it something about the hardware it's going to be servicing.
> Then, it
> launches a thread which monitors all the idle channels"
> I don't find in which point of code (in which file, line) is situated
> "launches a thread which monitors all the idle channels"

Like Kevin said, this is channel dependent.  I think Russell already
mentioned the "idle channel" watcher threads in chan_iax2 and chan_sip.
  The closest thing to actually what it probably is talking about might
be the do_monitor thread in chan_zap that actually has idle zap
channels to watch for events and such.  That is probably the best place
to learn more about what it is referring to.

Matthew Fredrickson