[Asterisk-Dev] Presence, IM, and the All-Powerful Convergence Buzzword

Matthew O'Gorman mogorman at digium.com
Wed Oct 26 18:52:36 MST 2005

Hey.

I have been working on a jabber implementation for asterisk.  What I have
so far is mostly in chan_agents.  But I also have two apps that would be
great for most of what you described John. XMPPsend and XMPPstatus.
XMPPsend allows you to send a message over jabber to anywhere, you could
do things with simple over a jabber ser gateway.  Secondly, XMPPstatus can
be used with a gotoif before the channel is dialed and thus presence
integrated into your dial plan.  I did something similar for chan_agent
which allowed you to log in and out your agent based upon your jabber
presnce.  Both of these work with any gateway as my current more complete
implementation simply connects to jabber as  a client.  Patches are
available via the bug tracker as well as my website astjab.org  I havent
had time lately to get much further.  What I am currently implementing is
a text meetme flag to be added to meetme that will invite each user who
joins into a jabber conference room. ^_^ anyways that is what I am up to.