[Asterisk-Dev] Change IP address in the middle of a VoIP call

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 25 23:26:37 MST 2005

< Arnaud > wrote:
> We are looking into mobile users that change their IP address in the
> middle of a VoIP call. We use SIP and Asterisk does not reinvite the
> two ends i.e. Asterisk acts as a B2BUA and sees both the SIP and the
> RTP traffic.
>
> We've been searching chan_sip.c, rtp.c and other related files trying
> to understand where the following are set/modified
> - SIP next hop
> - IP/port to use for sending RTP data
>
> A quick pointer on how to change the above in the code would be of
> great help. Also are there existing methods to change the above on the
> fly?

Is the Asterisk server changing IP, being mobile?
Or is it the UA?

If it's the UA that's being mobile, it has to change IP by sending a
re-invite. Or you might want to look into mobile IP.

If it's Asterisk, then it's an interesting question. Somehow, we need to
force a re-invite being sent out to all parties when we change IP. Is
there any notification of this happening coming in through any API?

/O