[Asterisk-Dev] multiple registrations of same credentials

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Oct 22 01:44:26 MST 2005

Jason Pyeron wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> I fail to see how you MUST have this to get shared line apperances...
>> Please explain.
>

> That is how it is done in pbx's which support it, ex SNOM 4S

Does not mean we have to do it the same way, though. Or am I missing
something here?

Remember that other SIP pbx's are not multiprotocol pbx's and can do
things differently. They usually fork in the SIP layer since it's the
same as the PBX layer. In Asterisk, those are two different layers, a
PBX and a channel driver.

/O