[Asterisk-Dev] multiple registrations of same credentials

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 21 08:04:16 MST 2005

Jason Pyeron wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> Jason Pyeron wrote:
>>

>>> I am working on some shared line stuff, and I am looking for opinions
>>> about registering 2 or more phone with the same credentials and the code
>>> changes needed.
>>>
>>> for now I have been doing extension magic like:
>>>
>>> exten 400, hint, SIP/400a
>>> exten 400, hint, SIP/400b
>>> exten 400, hint, SIP/400c
>>> exten 400, s, DIAL(SIP/400a&SIP/400b&SIP/400c)
>>>
>>> but I would really like to
>>>
>>> exten 400, hint, SIP/400
>>> exten 400, s, DIAL(SIP/400)
>>>
>>> and have every phone ring...
>>>
>>> now how should we (not?) modify the peer registration to handle this?
>>>

>> That's a can of worms. We don't want the SIP channel to fork one
>> extension to several extensions without the PBX being aware of each.
>> That would break the architecture.
>

> treating it kind of like :
>
> exten 400, s, DIAL(SIP/400&SIP/400&SIP/400&...)

No, different peer names
exten 400, s, DIAL(SIP/400&SIP/400b&SIP/400c&...)

But all stored in the HINT channel variable, not in the dial plan.

> so a new channel is created for each and is done through a new pbx thread.
>

>> The only possible way is to create new SIP peers on the fly and add them
>> to the hint for the extension and use
>>
>> exten =>400,1,dial(${HINT})
>>

> At this point, for shared line appearance, the phone needs to get a hint
> for the same name as the extension, or else it does not work properly
> (enough).
Seems like you are creating a quick fix... ;-)
Well, with my solution, it will be part of a HINT that is shared by
all devices registering to the same peer...

I fail to see how you MUST have this to get shared line apperances...
Please explain.

/O