[Asterisk-Dev] multiple registrations of same credentials

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Oct 20 22:53:56 MST 2005

Jason Pyeron wrote:

> I am working on some shared line stuff, and I am looking for opinions
> about registering 2 or more phone with the same credentials and the code
> changes needed.
>
> for now I have been doing extension magic like:
>
> exten 400, hint, SIP/400a
> exten 400, hint, SIP/400b
> exten 400, hint, SIP/400c
> exten 400, s, DIAL(SIP/400a&SIP/400b&SIP/400c)
>
> but I would really like to
>
> exten 400, hint, SIP/400
> exten 400, s, DIAL(SIP/400)
>
> and have every phone ring...
>
> now how should we (not?) modify the peer registration to handle this?

That's a can of worms. We don't want the SIP channel to fork one
extension to several extensions without the PBX being aware of each.
That would break the architecture.

The only possible way is to create new SIP peers on the fly and add them
to the hint for the extension and use

exten =>400,1,dial(${HINT})

This will be looked at after 1.2 release.
/O