[Asterisk-Dev] possible bug, only first E1 span seems to be initializing in wct4xxp.ko driver

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Tue Oct 18 12:24:02 MST 2005

On 10/19/05 02:05 Tilghman Lesher said the following:
> t1e1override, though, is not a boolean parameter; it's a bitwise

ah, it now makes perfect sense. sigh, i do wish things like this were
documented in the code. it would have made things a whole lot easier.

most kind for the explanation, tilghman.

in which case, there still may be a problem then, but tracking that down
may be a different matter altogether.

i keep losing the D-channel between two looped back spans of a TE410P
(generation 1) quite consistently. obviously one is pri_net and the other
pri_cpe. the relevant span lines are

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
span=2,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

am not sure why this is happenning though the cards have been jumpered for
E1. the driver has taken into account the gen2 cards and the software
t1e1override, but i'm not really sure if the driver is ok for the card in
question. it's an older TE410P card, purchased in october 2004.

a quick check on the mailing lists and dug up the following, both of which
recommend using the older (1.0.7) drivers.

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-August/122295.html
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-August/122299.html

i'm seeing the same symptoms as the above posts, and i am using a fairly
recent CVS driver version. i'm not sure i can revert to older drivers as i
need to go look them up on freebsd, though they should be around somewhere.

question is, what changed to cause that behaviour ? could it be that the
register at 0x07 (which is what is read to determine T1/E1 status of the
card) is returning a different value on the generation 1 cards, thus
causing the driver to use T1 on what is supposed to be an E1 link ? i note
that most of the errors reported are either loss of dchannel or HDLC Bad
FCS errors.

any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/