[Asterisk-Dev] Bug 4301 - ztdummy accuracy problem

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 18 04:01:46 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 18:37 +0800, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
[snip]
> I use Scientific Linux 4, which probably equal to RHEL4,
> with its default kernel 2.6.9.
> I don't know if it has new rtc stuff.
> I'll try a new kernel later, anyway.

It may be possible that Update 2 of RHEL4 has the USE_RTC patch. Maybe
you can find it out by downloading the SRPM and check the specfile to
see if it is mentioned. Or ask on a CentOS mailinglist or in #centos
(CentOS is a clone of RHEL4 and have just released Update 2 also).

> > <rant>
> > The delay issue in meetme has been present for a long time now and it
> > seems Digium is not interested in fixing it. Afaik a patch was offered
> > that solved the issue but was rejected by Mark because he felt the extra
> > thread it used would not work on embedded systems with no memory/cpu
> > power. Fine if it doesn't but why isn't it then possible to just do:
> > #ifdef normal_pc_or_server_99.999%_of_people_use
> > 	finally_fix_meetme_delay
> > #endif
> > </rant>
>
> Totally agreed!
>
> The increasing delay issue in meetme is a *really problem*.
> After ten minutes or so conversation, the delay can increase to
> 3-4 seconds, which is *unaccetable* for most people.
> All my customers have complains about it.
> I really hope it can be solved before 1.2 release.
>
> So where can I find the patch you mentioned?

I don't know. I don't even know if it was ever posted somewhere like on
bugs.digium.com so I can't help you there. Sure would be nice if the
patch would surface.

Regards,
Patrick