[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Maximum Meetme size?

Adam Gundy arg at cyberscience.com
Thu Oct 13 08:22:43 MST 2005

tony at softins.clara.co.uk (Tony Mountifield) wrote:
> In article <434E5134.6030409 at alphaque.com>,
> Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque.com> wrote:
>

>>On 10/13/05 20:01 Steve Totaro said the following:
>>
>>>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+dimensioning might help.
>

> Thanks - there's a lot more info there now than when I last looked.
>

>>which shows up to 28-30 simultaneous participants on aged hardware, which
>>in theory would mean at least double that on a modern day P4 1.8Ghz.
>

> Indeed. And the box I'm having trouble with is a dual-Xeon! I have made
> other mods to MeetMe in order to fix a separate issue - it's possible that
> I have caused unintended side-effects. I'll revert and test incrementally.

>>i've never actually pushed meetme beyond 5 participants, however the
>>astricon meetme conferences definitely have more than 20 people on at any
>>one time, so it's been done at the very least.
>

> Yes, I'm sure something specific to my system is wrong to degrade so soon.
>
> Oh well, diving into the code again ;-)
>
> Thanks to those who responded.

it's worth noting that we've had issues with meetme() suddenly turning
into a complete noisy mess with 5 callers. this is on a Dual Xeon 64
bit.. the meeting goes along fine with 5 SIP/IAX clients, then someone
else makes a call (nothing to do with the meeting), and the whole thing
falls in a heap.

this is using the ztdummy module compiled for Linux 2.6 timers, oh, and
asterisk CVS HEAD.

I'm assuming it is something to do with timing and noise/echo, removing
members one at a time will eventually clear up the conference.

we're trying out the app_conference instead to see if that solves the
problem (at least it has libspeex's excellent noise canceling available,
which should help)

Seeya,
  Adam
--
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write,
it should be hard to read, and even harder to modify.