[Asterisk-Dev] Voicemail bugfixes

Ryan Hulsker ryan.hulsker at cybersurf.com
Tue Oct 11 17:15:15 MST 2005

I have been using asterisk 1.2 beta 1, and have come across some bugs in
the voicemail system.  They where fairly straight forward to fix and I
am wondering if these bugs have been fixed in CVS.  I can submit a patch
if anyone is interested, they are both in app_voicemail.c

Bug 1.  Password setup on initial login.
During the initial login, if you typo your password the second time, it
plays "Sorry, they don't match, please try again", followed by "your
password has been changed" at which point it updates your password to
the first one you entered.

Fixed by adding a missing else block, and wrapping the whole thing in a
while (!passwordchanged) block

Bug 2. int messagecount() with messages in ODBC
This was always failing for me when using non-default contexts for
voicemail users.  It looked like this function was returning 1 when it
should be returning 0 and vice-versa.

Ryan Hulsker