[Asterisk-Dev] Call progress events not received in Zap channels

Daniel Montejo montejodaniel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 11 16:12:58 MST 2005

Hello,
When i make the external call from sip phone the call is made it through ZAP
channel, too. I make that call with originate,channel:SIP/XXX, in this case
I obtain the event Newstate,busy. When I make the call directly from a ZAP
channel using originate,channel:ZAP/3/external_dnis the call is made it in
the same outbound line than in the SIP case and I don't obtain the state
busy.

I need make a outbound call from a "virtual channel" (that means without
phone) and detect the call progress.
Is possible do it? What type of channel must I use for that?

Thank you.