[Asterisk-Dev] ast_update_realtime (chan_sip.c) in beta 1 for 1.2

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Oct 9 13:00:57 MST 2005

On Sunday 09 October 2005 13:25, Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> >We can do everything, but the real question is how many database
> > actions we want per call/registration?
>
> ZERO.

Not altogether realistic, unless we're going for asynchronous caching
of the database.  That's not a bad idea, especially since it scales a
whole heckuva lot better than doing even a single query per call.

However, that would require a complete rewrite of the RealTime
routines.  That definitely will not happen before the release of 1.2.

--
Tilghman