[Asterisk-Dev] 'remote' console color

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Oct 6 13:23:44 MST 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 12:42, Chris Wade wrote:
> I recently upgraded to head for some testing in a production
> environment (very forgiving user group :) and noticed that there is
> no color on the 'remote' console.  If I start asterisk with 'asterisk
> -c' I get color, but any other way, no color!  I've 'fixed' this
> below, but I don't think this fix is right as the line I've changed
> hasn't been touched since 2002.  Could someone please comment on this
> as I remember seeing something about color output in the last two or
> three months of cvs updates.

Check the contents of your TERM variable.  It should indicate a terminal
type for which color is available.  If it is not (e.g. xterm, instead of
xterm-color), then Asterisk does not generate the color codes.

Note that this takes effect when you start Asterisk, not when you
connect to it from a remote console.

--
Tilghman