[Asterisk-Dev] "register" statement: why can't it reference an account?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Oct 5 23:03:20 MST 2005

Here's an answer I wrote in asterisk-users that may be an answer to this
thread as well:

> It’s really possible to allow register => to work in Realtime mode?

Only in static mode. Since it's realtime, we do not load the peers at
load time and unless we force Asterisk to check *every* peer in the
database and register, I fail to see how this would work. Registrations
are not really realtime in nature, they are static - either on or off,
but does not change every hour... So for a realtime architecture,
realtime static as it is now is propably the best and only choice for
outbound registrations.

A compromise would be to store registrations in a separate table and
implement commands for reloading registrations without reloading the
channel configuration.

This is something to look into after the 1.2 release.

/O