[Asterisk-Dev] Bug in app_dial.c where hangup cause codes are not set for channel

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Wed Oct 5 13:15:32 MST 2005

asterisk developers,

playing around with CVS HEAD (downloaded 4/10/05), i noticed that when a
SIP-->Zap call was made, and the Zap channel was offhook/busy, the SIP
response returned was 403 Forbidden instead of 486 Busy Here. i tracked
this down to the fact that the channel's hangup cause member in
ast_channel.hangupcause was not being set when ast_request() was failing in
app_dial.c:dial_exec_full().

bug has been raised and a patch submitted at the following url,
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5394

i do not have a disclaimer on file, and will try to fax it in to digium
soonest, but do bear with me on this. in the interim, if someone were to
take up the patch and commit it into CVS HEAD (or 1.2 if that's possible),
i'd be much obliged.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/