[Asterisk-Dev] Enabling consistent file permissions ?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Oct 4 09:36:23 MST 2005

Dave Hawkes wrote:

> I'd be prepared to submit some changes along these lines if they were
> likely to be accepted. Any thoughts?

Personally, I wish Asterisk _never_ explicitly set file permissions at
all, and just let the admin do what they wanted using umask.

AGI is not an issue, since it runs in a separate process.

If you want to put together a patch to remove _all_ file permission
management from Asterisk and do the testing, I'll be glad to review it,
but it won't be able to go into 1.2, since it's too significant a change
this late in the cycle.