[Asterisk-Dev] Re: Answer call remotly with Asterisk Manager API

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 08:23:18 MST 2005

In article <BAY104-DAV13E348C8051571F32DE2F3BC830 at phx.gbl>,
Daniel Montejo Biosca \(hotmail\) <montejodaniel at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I need answer an inbound call alerting in a Asterisk extension remotely.
> Is possible do it from Asterisk Manager API. How can I do it?

It depends exactly what you mean. All incoming calls to Asterisk enter
the dial plan. If the relevant part of the dial plan contains a Dial()
command to call a phone, then that phone will normally ring until it
is picked up, at which time Asterisk considers the call answered.

I think you are asking how, from within the API, you can answer a
ringing call in a different way. If so, that's easy. Just use the
Redirect command to transfer the incoming channel to a different
extension in the dial plan which answers the call how you want it to.

The bit that requires thought is keeping track of the API Events so
that you know which channel to redirect.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield