[Asterisk-Dev] Chanspy

Kevin Bockman asterisk at wunderkin.com
Mon Oct 3 08:47:15 MST 2005

subhankar dey wrote:
> [default]
> exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/1000)
> exten => 1000,2,Hangup
> exten => 1001,1,Dial(SIP/1001)
> exten => 1001,2,Hangup
> exten => 1004,1,Dial(SIP/1004)
> exten => 1004,2,Hangup
> exten => 1003,1,ChanSpy(scan/1000,80)
> exten => 1003,2,Hangup
>
> I want to spy the particular channel 1000/1001.The call is establishing
> between 1000 & 1004,but when i dial from 1001 to 1003..its blank
> air..but i can hear the 'beep' sound.No Voice.I am using asterisk-1.0.9.
> Please,get back me as early as possible....

This type of question should go on -users.  This list is for asterisk
developers.

Assuming you have ChanSpy compiled, the first argument is a channel
name.  You can put something like SIP/ and it will scan all SIP
connections, or do SIP/100 and it will scan anything starting with 100.
  You can apparantly also set the variable SPYGROUP before the Dial so
you only have the ability to scan particular channels.  I'm not sure
where you got the 80 from.  do show application chanspy from the CLI

Kevin