[Asterisk-Dev] AST_FLAG_DEFER_DTMF (would like dialogic-r4 like semantics)

Greg Lim glim at InfiStar.com
Wed Nov 30 12:27:08 MST 2005

Could someone enlighten me on the use of this flag? It appears to be
only used in channel.c, and only for ast_read()...
The direction I'd like to go in is to create an AGI module that will
allow me to make use of Dialogic-R4-like semantics.
For example, there is no easy way in AGI currently to do this:

0. clear dtmf buffer
1. play (menu1, interruptible)
2. if (specialcustomer) play (menu2, interruptible)
3. play (menu3, interruptible)
4. collect dtmf digits
etc.

We have a LOT of existing code on a Win32 ivr using this convention, and
there doesn't appear to be a simple way of getting the interruptible
feature of playing prompts to work with multiple different prompt files.

Getting back to the subject:
	Could I make use of that flag to get the digit collection
behavior I want? The Dialogic-R4 API allows a dx_playvox to
	both be interrupted by a user's keypress *during* and *before*
the dx_playvox() call is even made.

Thanks for reading,
-Greg

Confidentiality Notice
This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain proprietary or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and please delete all copies of this message. All e-mail sent to the originating address will be received by the InfiCorp e-mail system and is subject to archiving and review by someone other than the addressee.