[Asterisk-Dev] zaptel-1.2.0 compilation fails on 2.5.15-rc2-git6

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 30 01:10:07 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 23:35 +0100, Patrick wrote:
> Zaptel 1.2.0 no longer compiles on recent Fedora Rawhide kernels like
> 2.6.14-1.1719 which is 2.6.15-rc2-git6. The error can be found below.
> If you need more info please let me know.

Kernel modules which don't live in the kernel tree tend to break often.
Film at 11.

Although I've love to see Asterisk in Fedora Extras, I'd be very tempted
to veto the inclusion of a zaptel-modules package in Extras until/unless
there's some real prospect of getting the drivers merged.

The channel timing thing is fairly simple to fix by opening /dev/rtc and
asking it for a periodic interrupt -- if you miss ticks that way, you
even get told how many.

Getting meetme to work without zaptel is harder -- isn't there a
conference app which doesn't require zaptel?

--
dwmw2