[Asterisk-Dev] New SVN email subject

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 29 18:56:23 MST 2005

Mark Hulber wrote:
> One thing I liked about the old CVS emails was that I could see what was
> being changed by just looking at the subject liine and then I'd look if
> it appeared interesting.
>    *Now:*    [asterisk-commits] trunk - commit revision 7221
>
>    *Then: *   [Asterisk-cvs] asterisk/channels chan_sip.c,1.863,1.864

Well, the problem with that is the number of files in the commit can be
far too many for the subject to handle... and if only one file out of 20
is listed it may not be one you care about, so then you'd skip the
message. It was less of an issue with CVS because it would generate a
separate email message for each directory that got changes, but with SVN
there will only be a single message for each commit.