[Asterisk-Dev] DID number not saved when incoming fax detected on Zap

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Mon Nov 28 08:48:49 MST 2005

I have been fighting a problem with incoming faxes on our DID numbers. I
need to get the original NDID so I can route the fax to the person's
email address. The ${FAXEXTEN} is always 's' and I have been trying to
track down why. It looks like the chan_zap code detects the 'f' for fax
as the last digit of the incoming DTMF digits and immediately routes the
call to the fax extension before the ->exten has been set with the
incoming DID number. Is there a way for this to be fixed? I tried to
shorten the inter dtmf timer so the DID would come in and timeout before
the fax tone was detected but it looks like the code is using a
hardcoded inter digit timeout when faxdetect is enabled. There is a two
second gap between the last dtmf digit and the 'f' for fax detect in the
log, then the call is routed to the fax extension from the zt_read
function, which I think happens before the digit gets back to the
ast_waitfordigit() function in the ss_thread function which builds the
incoming extension.

- James