[Asterisk-Dev] regular expression behavior

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:52:41 MST 2005

On 11/22/05, Jared Smith <jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 10:49 -0800, snacktime wrote:
> > Not sure if this is a bug or just undocumented behavior.
>
> Neither.  Asterisk is seeing the comma as a separator between two
> arguments that you're passing to the application.  Commas should always
> be escaped if you don't want Asterisk to interpret them as an argument
> separator.
>
> > Might be
> > useful to document this in README.variables ?
>
> Yeah, probably wouldn't hurt to make this blatantly obvious.

Well I'd say it's not obvious at all, since all the existing
documentation I have read leads you to believe that it's command
specific, not a rule for all commands.  When some of the commands
document the comma as a separator, and other's don't, the only logical
conclusion is that the separator only applies to commands where the
separator syntax is documented.

Chris