[Asterisk-Dev] Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk crash: "using deprecated BYE/Also transfer method"

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 21 07:12:13 MST 2005

Pavel Siderov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm experiencing some problems with my Asterisk 1.0.9. When a customer
> tries to use transfer method sometimes Asterisk crashes. The following
> message appears in /var/log/asterisk/messages
>
> Nov 17 15:56:35 WARNING[759]: No path to translate from
> SIP/12.34.56.78-3aef(1) to SIP/domain.com-b6ccf248(256)
> Nov 17 15:56:38 NOTICE[759]: Client '12.34.56.78' using deprecated
> BYE/Also transfer method.  Ask vendor to support REFER instead
> Nov 17 15:56:38 WARNING[759]: Invalid transfer information from
> '12.34.56.78'
>
> But it doesn't crash every time when customer tries to use transfer.
> Any ideas ?
Again, without full information it's very hard to diagnose your problem.

Please turn on debug to 4, verbose to 4 and turn on SIP debug and
capture all the traffic from one of these failed transactions. Attach
those in a bug report in bugs.digium.com.

Also, please test with the Asterisk 1.2 release version, even though I
belive that nothing has changed in the old Bye/Also scheme.

Please also tell us what phones you use.

/Olle