[Asterisk-Dev] Re: cvs revision tags

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Sun Nov 20 23:02:00 MST 2005

On Sunday, November 20, 2005, 17:24:03, SteveK wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2005, at 5:07 PM, Rod Dorman wrote:
>> The only remaining question I have is will any bug/security patches
>> ever be applied to the v1-2-0 branch, i.e. is there ever any point to
>> doing a "cvs update -r v1-2-0" ?
>
> v1-2-0 is probably not a branch, but a tag;  so (unless the tags are
> moved), it would never change.  It is probably exactly equivalent to
> v1.2.0.
>
> If you already have v1.2.0, cvs update -r v1-2-0 should do nothing.
>
> It's there to document exactly what v1.2.0 is; similarly, v1-2-1 will
> document v1.2.1, etc.

OK,  I guess the question I should be asking is, is there a branch based
on  version  1.2.0  that  will  have  critical  bug and security patches
applied to it but not experimental/new feature code changes.

It  would  be  the  equivalent of what OpenBSD calls the patch or stable
branch  http://www.openbsd.org/stable.html  essentially  it's  what  one
would want to track on a production system.

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." – Ambassador Kosh