[Asterisk-Dev] CAC in Asterisk

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Sun Nov 20 09:33:26 MST 2005

Dear All,

I have been trying to implement Call Admission Control with Asterisk, I
have the topology of 9 sites with IP phones, and each sites has analog
phones that communicate with the IP phones through a cisco gateway, and
I only have an asterisk server that I will be using to handle all 9
sites.

I need to limit the concurrent calls between the sites to a specific
number say 2 calls in order to avoid congestion and to ensure proper
stability of voice quality during the day by implementing QoS, I have
tried to use the setgroup and gotoif statements with group_count() but
it can certainly limit the incoming but not the outgoing, I had tried to
find solutions with the users list but there were none, so I believe
that we need the Dev people to lend us a hand in this.

Will there be CAC for each context (trunk I can control the concurrent
calls but not between contexts in the same sip server), or is there a
solution to the delma I am living in right now, your replies will be
very much appreciated and help a  *nix admin sleep.

--
Thx
MAG