[Asterisk-Dev] Install destination on Solaris

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Nov 17 10:25:28 MST 2005

Simon Lockhart wrote:

> Yes. There's the Sun way, and then the way that everyone else does it. If you
> take a look at sunfreeware.com, you'll find that everything installs into
> /usr/local because that's where everyone who wasn't indoctrinated into the Sun
> way of doing things places stuff.

Understandable... I don't know of any good solution to this problem
then. If enough Solaris users get together and decide the default
install paths should be different, then we can change it, but I'd like
to see a reasonable consensus on the topic before I tell the Sun people
that we are disregarding their suggestion :-)