[Asterisk-Dev] Install destination on Solaris

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Thu Nov 17 01:33:05 MST 2005

All,

I'm just testing out asterisk-1.2.0 on Solaris, and apart from finding a
couple of Makefile compatibility issues (oops, should have does this before
1.2.0 was released, but assumed other Solaris people would have looked at it -
patch being submitted to bugtracker shortly), I've noticed that someone has
snuck in a change to the install destination for Solaris, which I'm not in
favour of, so I'm asking here for some ideas for the best way to fix this.

On linux (and all other platforms except Solaris), asterisk ends up in:

	/etc/asterisk/
	/usr/lib/asterisk
	/var/lib/asterisk
	/var/spool/asterisk
	/usr/sbin
	[etc]

On Solaris (now), it ends up in:

	/opt/asterisk/...
	/var/opt/asterisk/

Personally, I'd rather (and I usually end up manually moving it) it ended up in:

	/usr/local/asterisk/{bin,lib,var,etc}

Is there a sane way with our current makefile to acheive this? I'm thinking
perhaps we can do something like "make DEST_PREFIX=/usr/local/asterisk" or
"make DEST_PREFIX=/" or "make DEST_PREFIX=/opt/asterisk" to force to one
of these three locations, or make guesses based on OS which an installer might
prefer.

Unfortunately, because none of them is self-contained within one directory we'd
end up tweaking stuff based on what the user asks for. Perhaps it might be
better to have INSTALLTYPE=root, INSTALLTYPE=opt, INSTALLTYPE=usrlocal ?

Thoughts?

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *