[Asterisk-Dev] Handling AST_FORMAT_SLINEAR at 48000Hz

Jacob Tinning tinning at sifira.dk
Thu Nov 17 01:15:01 MST 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, voipwala hindustani wrote:

> Hi Asterisk hackers,

> Is there any native format for my channel with will take care of this. some
> format like signed 16 bit little endian but at 48000 Hz ?
> or Will i be able to take care of this during conversion to ulaw, by hacking
> some code ?

My suggestion would be to send the 48KHz signed linear through a
audio convertion program, like sox.

sox can read from stdin and write to stdout as well as any other files, so if you
let sox read from /dev/dsp and write 8KHz ulaw to some other device which
asterisk can read, then you don't have to rewrite (much of) your MYCHAN channel.

Mvh. Jacob