[Asterisk-Dev] MeetMe participant time tracking

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Mon Nov 14 16:24:59 MST 2005

>> I have a need to monitor how long a caller is in a MeetMe conference.
>> The MEETMESECS environment variable doesn't quite fit the need,
>> so I've been looking to make a couple small changes.
>>
>> Two places that would be a benefit to my situation is to add the
>> duration to the MeetMeLeave event (best solution), or to include it
>> in the 'meeme list $confno' output.
>>
>> I'm curious as to how receptive the community is to changes to event
>>  output.

> Sounds fine.  File the request on bugs.digium.com or code it yourself
> and add it to bugs.  BTW, it most certainly will not go in before the
> pending release of 1.2, so be patient when you do post your bug.
Cool.  I wouldn't expect it in 1.2.  I have it roughed out and working.
I re-used the code from the 'meetme' command to calculate and format
the duration.  From a cleanliness standpoint I guess I should move
it to a seperate function, but I'll post a patch as-is and work from
there.

Dan