[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk on Cygiwn

Jerris, Michael MI mjerris at ofllc.com
Sun Nov 13 14:02:49 MST 2005

> Matt Riddell
>
> don vanfossen wrote:
> > Heh...why does anyone want it to run on windows anyway?
>
> Because they already run their smb servers etc on Win2K prolly.
>
> I get lots of people complaining they can't run it on
> Windows, but I'm still going to keep this a secret!  I
> wouldn't want to support and more Microsoft boxes than is
> absolutely necessary!

My personal motivation is to be able to do cross platform development
work, so when I am on a windows laptop,  I can still work on asterisk
code.  The secondary reason of course is to waist my time answering
questions like this.  That being said, anything we can do that make the
project more accessible to more people, the better.  If you don't like a
feature, you don't have to use it.  As I stated in my original e-mail,
still looking for assistance in troubleshooting\debugging current
asterisk CVS-Head against cygwin.  Any help would be greatly
appretiated.

Thanks
Mike