[Asterisk-Dev] Problems with zap lines in 1.2 Beta 2 or 1.2 RC1, but ok in Beta1

Will McCown will at rhythm.com
Fri Nov 11 10:26:58 MST 2005

Greetings.

Testing 1.2 Beta 2 and RC1 we've run into difficulties with our
T1 to AT&T.

Setup is:

TE-405P, one T1 to AT&T, traditional DIDs (not PRI), 3 digits
sent by AT&T.  Relatively old firmware in the TE-405 (9b).
Other T1s on the card go to our existing PBXs, we've not tested
whether those work reliably or not.

Everything runs just fine with asterisk 1.2 Beta 1.

With both 1.2 Beta 2 and 1.2 RC1, we're having problems with the
digits received from AT&T getting scrambled -- seems like it might
actually be a problem with the DTMF detection as we see "off by 3"
errors, but we've also seen stranger things where it seems like
asterisk is seeing the same three digits regardless of what is
sent.  About one out of three calls succeeds.

We tried running 1.2 RC1 with the zaptel drivers from 1.2 Beta 1
with similar results.

So questions to the development group:

1)  Have any of the zaptel.conf or zapata.conf defaults changed
between Beta 1 and Beta 2/RC1?

2)  Is there any compatibilty problems between the newest zaptel
drivers and the 9b firmware on the TE-405?

3)  Any other good ideas as to what to try?

We've got a TE-406 on order so we'll be able to test the firmware
issue in a few days.

*** Uncommented lines from zaptel.conf (span 2 is the AT&T span):

span=1,3,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
span=3,2,0,d4,b8zs
span=4,0,0,esf,b8zs

fxsks=1-3
e&m=4-24
e&m=25-48
e&m=49-71
e&m=72-96
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

*** Uncommented lines from zapata.conf:

[trunkgroups]
[channels]
language=en
hidecallerid=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

group=1
context=intertelopx
signalling=fxs_ks
musiconhold=default
channel => 1-3

group=2
context=intertel
signalling=em_w
prewink=500
musiconhold=default
channel => 4-24

group=3
context=att
signalling=em_w
musiconhold=default
channel => 25-48

group=4
context=intertel
signalling=em_w
musiconhold=default
channel => 49-72

--
Will McCown, Rhythm & Hues, Inc., Los Angeles, CA. (310) 448-7512
will at rhythm.com