[Asterisk-Dev] Monitor Function broken since Beta-2 ?

Max Bressel mbressel at vres.biz
Thu Nov 10 10:16:34 MST 2005

I've been using the Monitor function to record channels for quite some time
with 1.0.9, it also still worked with 1.2.0-beta1, but since beta2 recorded
channels will not be be played back using playback() or background() for
example. Something =is= being recorded as I can tell from the size of the
recorded .gsm file, but there is just no way to hear it - just dead silence
when I use playback() on that recorded file.

Code used:

Exten => 555,1,Monitor(gsm,test,m)

I double checked by going back to beta-1: gsm files recorded with beta-1 can
be played back, gsm files recorded with beta-2 or rc1 can not be played back
with neither beta-1, beta-2 or rc1. So the problem is not with playback()
but rather with the monitor() function I assume.

Thanks,
Max