[Asterisk-Dev] Collect Calls

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 08:39:52 MST 2005

On 11/10/05, IT <it at outsideconnectioninc.net> wrote:
> I should probably also state this a little clearer...
>
> I want the person to pick up the phone...dial a number..
> Then a voice response comes up and says please state your name..blah blah
> Then places them on hold while it calls that number.
> Tells the person that picks up...
> You have a collect call from (recorded name person spoke making the call)
> To accept this call dial 1
> To deny this call dial 2
> To block all further calls from this party dial 3
>
> Now is that possible to write strictly in asterisk and has anyone seen any
> examples similar to this anywhere?

 You can do this in the dial plan via dial plan programming. You can
do it via AGI scripting. There's also an application called
app_followme which I hope will get merged into Asterisk after 1.2 is
released that also does this. So, yes, you can do this.

 This question though is probably more appropriate for the -users list
instead of here as this list is more geared towards the development of
core asterisk and not business applications for Asterisk.
--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/