[Asterisk-Dev] Bug 5590 and Release Candidates

Paul Davidson planac at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 06:01:02 MST 2005

Folks-

Since the bugtracker hasn't seen visits to one I posted a few days ago, I
want to raise it's visibility before RC1 turns to gold. Bug 5590 is a block,
that essentially prevents compilation of 1.2 with any gcc version greater
than 3.2.2 (that I can test- I've tested 3.3.3, 3.3.4, and 4.0.2), if you
are attempting to compile chan_h323. This stems from the work done in
channels.h.

Essentially, what's needed to resolve it is beyond my meager coding skills-
I think a simple reorganization of channel.h to break out the chanspy stuff
into a separate header file would be enough to get it past release, then we
need to look again at compilation options and test for compiler issues with
macros.

I'm also open to someone saying -get stuffed, there's no issue here, you've
forgotten the -DMAKEWORKWITHCHANH323 flag. :)

-pbd