[Asterisk-Dev] Re: bug 4252 - increasing delay over time channels in MeetMe

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 05:17:14 MST 2005

In article <4371E0B7.9080008 at citron.com.tw>,
Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang at citron.com.tw> wrote:
> Since the bug is closed and seems I can't reopen it,
> I post my test result here.
>
> The version under test is 1.2.0-rc1 and CVS-HEAD (today).
>
> When two parties enter the conference room,
> the sound quality is very bad.
> It's so choppy that I almost can't hear
> what the other talks.
>
> The situation doesn't occur in 1.2-beta2 or prior.
>
> I use G.723.1 codec. Does it matter?

I don't know about that codec. Can you confirm whether or not you have
applied the patch in bug 4252? (it is my patch)

If you have applied it, please remove it and try again. I have recently
concluded that the patch is not the correct way to solve the problem,
as it made assumptions I have this week discovered to be invalid.

Also, please try using other codecs, and also tell us what kind of
channels you are using (SIP, IAX, H323, etc).

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield