[Asterisk-Dev] trying to generate bt, but info threads not working...

Ron Arts ron.arts at netland.nl
Tue Nov 8 16:18:40 MST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to generate a backtrace for a deadlock situation
(from a running asterisk process), and using the script ast_grab_core
for this.

But I get the following output from the info threads command in gdb
(this is right after asterisk startup)

INFO THREAD
* 1 process 22836  0xb7f1531a in poll () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6

THREAD APPLY ALL BT

Thread 1 (process 22836):
#0  0xb7f1531a in poll () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#1  0x080a066b in main (argc=0, argv=0xbffffe34) at asterisk.c:1968

etc

Shouldn't there be many more threads? I see a lot of them in ps uax.

This is asterisk 1.0.9 on FC2. I installed the newest gdb version to no effect.
I compiled with DEBUG_THREADS and -g

Thanks,
Ron