[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk.spec and the redhat dir

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Nov 8 15:32:15 MST 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Jason Pyeron wrote:

> given that it is in pretty poor shape, what resistance are we going to get
> on a patch?

Some time ago, Mark asked me about using my .spec files for 1.0 for
Asterisk. We discussed briefly putting it into the distribution to replace
the existing RPM. I've never had good luck w/ the one in CVS as it does
"weird" things.

I haven't really been maintaining my .spec files for CVS head, rather
waiting till 1.2 is closer to fully baked. There are enough changes in the
way things are done w/ 1.2 that it makes sense to hold off until it is
released (at least on my part.. mostly because of personal time to devote
to maintaining them).

Of course, I'm not the only one w/ my own .spec file for Asterisk, and
there are probably better references out there than mine, but if no one
steps up to the plate, I'll be happy to roll out some .specs for Centos
3.5 and 4.2. I have a disclaimer and I'll be happy to submit them as a
patch, but I'd like to get some objective comparisons of my stuff versus
what other people have worked on, mainly because there are better ways to
"skin the cat" than what I did.

                             KP-216-121-ST