[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk or Polycom Bug? - Message waiting

Rod Dorman rodd at polylogics.com
Tue Nov 8 10:30:53 MST 2005

On Monday, November 7, 2005, 18:25:08, Will McCown wrote:
> The bad news it that the light remains lit even if there are no
> new messages (as I pretty much expected).  So, it appears that if
> the polycom gets a message-summary with "Messages-Waiting: no"
> then it ignores the rest of the message and sets all of the counts
> to zero.  Reading the RFC I can see how this might be considered
> the correct behavior.

My  take  on RFC 3842 is that Messages-Waiting: is a 'new' messages flag
only  and  the  presence of 'old' messages are only communicated via the
xxx-Message: lines.

In particular "3.11. Rate of Notifications" where it has the phrase
   " ...which do not affect the overall message waiting state
    (e.g., there are still new messages)."

--
rodd at polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." – Ambassador Kosh