[Asterisk-Dev] AST_FRAME_DATA

Christian Richter christian.richter at beronet.com
Tue Nov 8 02:41:33 MST 2005

Greg Boehnlein wrote:

>On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, David Woodhouse wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 17:33 +0100, Christian Richter wrote:
>>

>>>No, i really think that depending on  (ast->transfercapability ==
>>>UNRESTRICTED_DIGITAL) && (ast->bridge->type != MYTYPE) we can safely
>>>send our hdlc data with a AST_FRAME_DATA to the remote channel driver.
>>>
>>>I don't think we should natively bridge between different channel
>>>drivers at the moment. Maybe we'll have later some thing like a
>>>zapte2misdn bridge, but this needs to be investigated more deeply.
>>>

>>It's not just for bridging. app_v110 and app_ptyfork both want raw data
>>from the channel, not voice.
>>

>I assume that the reasons you would want this is to allow for PPP over
>V.110 and/or MLPPP over ISDN?

The main reason is the following constallation:

Public Telecom <---> Zap PRI  <---> * <---> mISDN BRI <--> Remote
Adminstration BRI Card System

Asterisk is a PBX which has internal BRI Ports. The user likes to use
his old Remote Management Tool which he can only connect to BRI Lines.

Of course lots of protocols including PPP would go over the line.