[Asterisk-Dev] other -Werror issues - time_t printf format...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Nov 7 10:06:29 MST 2005

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> I am rather open on the actual type, both are ok considering that
> i don't think asterisk runs on 16-bit architectures, 32-bit time_t
> are the standard now and good until 2037 where hopefully we will
> not have the same codebase and asterisk 16.2.0 will have revised
> its design guidelines multiple times.

Yeah, I would think so :-)

> this i am not sure because it is in machine/* so it might well be
> defined differently. Note though that the 64-bit support on FreeBSD
> 4.x is very limited and i doubt anyone uses it seriously.

OK.

> In any case the current asterisk sources fail, with -Werror, on
> both FreeBSD 4.11 and 6.0. I would be curious if linux compiles
> them cleanly. Did anyone try ?

Very few people compile with -Werror (myself included), we concentrate
more on proper code functioning and performance than compiler/platform
inconsistencies that don't affect the resulting object code. I'm not
opposed to addressing them, but I don't want to make changes purely to
make -Werror messages go away when the reason the messages happen is
because of broken/inconsistent platform-provided headers.