[Asterisk-Dev] Local channel optimisation

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 14:59:33 MST 2005

Using a Local channel (without /n) to invoke an extension that is routed
to SIP causes the local channel, as expected, to optimise itself out
using masquerade once the channel is established.

However, I've noticed that this doesn't appear to happen if the Local
channel gets routed to an IAX channel. In that case the two halves of
the Local channel remain. Looking at the code, I can't see any obvious
reason why this should be so, but I haven't tried examining variables at
run time yet.

I've seen this on both Stable and Head.

Can anyone else confirm this? Is it expected behaviour? I can't think of
any reason why it should be.

Cheers
Tony
--