[Asterisk-Dev] lock.h change on 10-28 (rev 1.39) means you can never use pthread_mutex_t?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Nov 2 14:22:51 MST 2005

steve at daviesfam.org wrote:

> I don't think every pthread_ call is masked by an ast_ equivalent.  For
> instance pthread_setcanceltype() - are calls like this in danger of being
> masked out in the future?

This definition has also caused me grief in my builds for the MIPSEL
platform on openWRT.

I fixed it in a tizzy the other night by commenting out some code, which
for sure wasn't the correct fix.  I'll check in the code again and find
where it breaks and report back.

IIRC it was in an unrelated, included header file that defined something
to be of the banned (not just deprecated :-) ) type, but the file can't
see any of the ast_ definitions, so I couldn't just redefine it as the
error message suggests.

Sorry this explanation is so muddy; that has all been three whole days
ago :-)

B.