[Asterisk-Dev] Send tone to caller on answer

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Wed Nov 2 07:32:37 MST 2005

--On Monday, October 31, 2005 11:14 AM -0600 "Kevin P. Fleming"
<kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:

> Jared Smith wrote:
>
>> My gut reaction would be to do this with a Dial() macro (the M option to
>> Dial).
>
> I believe those macros run in the context of the called channel, not the
> calling channel.

Exactly my question. How can I get from inside the M() macro back to the
calling channel?

Is there any interest in a code change to Asterisk to allow this? If so,
I'd be happy to work on it in the general case, since I have to solve the
problem anyway :)
</edg>