[Asterisk-Dev] Multiple Pickup

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at citron.com.tw
Tue Nov 1 19:42:25 MST 2005

Hi guys,

I have modified the Pickup application (app_directed_pickup.c) to accept
multiple pickup syntax, like

Pickup(extension1&extension2&...)

For example,

Pickup(601&602&603)

will try to pickup extension 601, 602, 603 sequentially, if one of them
is in ringing state.

Is it a nice feature to be included in the source tree?
If yes, I'd be happy to provide a patch to bugs.digium.com.

Furthermore, I'd like to add pickup any syntax to the application:

Pickup()  ; pickup any ringing extension

But it seems to be more difficult. I need to go through the entire
channels list to find a ringing one, right?
Could anyone give me a hint how to do this?

Besides, I still have one question to this application.
According to description of bug 4865:

"This application also allows you to specify partial extensions. For
example, you have block 200 to 209 and you want to pick up any calls
that my be ringing on those 10 phones, you just pickup 20 and it'll pick
up the most recent ringing one..."

But I cannot figure out how to use it. I have an extension block like

exten => _9[0-7]X,1,...

and I tried to pickup 90x by

exten => 790,2,Pickup(90)

Apparently it doesn't work.
Can someone provide an example to explain how it works?

--
    ~     Chih-Wei Huang (cwhuang at citron.com.tw)
   'v'    CTO, Citron Network Inc. ( http://www.citron.com.tw/ )