[Asterisk-Dev] New ChangeLog in CVS HEAD Asterisk tree

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 1 14:50:43 MST 2005

Steve Kann wrote:

> Have you considered just using cvs2cl, or a similar tool for SVN?  These
> basically take the CVS commit messages, and make a ChangeLog out of
> them.  cvs2cl is actually pretty smart in taking multiple non-atomic
> commits from CVS, and figuring out how to re-assemble them into a single
> changelog entry:  with svn, it's easier..

Yes I have, and if we do that it will be after the SVN conversion, since
there is no reliable way to get this information from CVS.

However, a manual ChangeLog will always have more detail (and is easier
to create that way) than a commit message is, so I want to try this out
for a bit and see how it goes.