[Asterisk-Dev] New ChangeLog in CVS HEAD Asterisk tree

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 1 14:21:51 MST 2005

All (especially those with commit privileges):

I have renamed the old ChangeLog file to CHANGES, this file will be
intended to keep a high-level list of the important changes that happen
between Asterisk releases. I will begin updating the 'prior to -beta1'
portion of the file shortly; additional eyes to make sure I don't miss
anything would be useful.

I have also added a GNU-style ChangeLog file to actually start keeping
track of individual changes made in the tree; this is somewhat of an
experiment, since I don't know how easy this is going to be to maintain
when the bulk of our changes come in via patches. There is also some
overlap with the CVS commit messages, obviously, but at least this file
is kept in the tree itself. For now I am going to make my entries using
Emacs' 'changelog' mode which makes it painless to add/update entries;
for those of you using other editors you may have to find a similar tool
in that editor or just copy-and-paste an existing entry to add yours to
the top of the file.

If you are unclear how these entries are to be added or what they are
supposed to convey, take a short glance at the GNU coding standards
document that covers ChangeLog entries; it's a useful read.