[Asterisk-Dev] chan_misdn in asterisk beta 2 ?

Zoa zoachien at securax.org
Tue Nov 1 09:41:30 MST 2005

Hey guys,

I can understand people who want chan_misdn in cvs (so do i) but should
it really be in the beta release ?
What happened to the code freeze ? Chan_misdn is broken and i really
dont want to have end users try to use it and then complain everywhere
that asterisk doesn't work.
Naming it an experimental driver won't help with that.

It doesn't even compile right now. And if you make changes to actually
make it compile, you will probably still not get it to work. (We've been
struggling with it for a week now and i really don't want anybody
without a team of programmers to go through the same thing - patches
will be made and uploaded to mantis.)

It is not stable software and should not go into beta versions at this
stage in time. Or at least i think it should not, i'm of course not the
decision maker.

some examples are : the use of

pthread_mutex_t
pthread_mutex_init
pthread_mutex_lock
pthread_mutex_unlock

Which are not allowed by include/asterisk/lock.h

in the cvs version there is even a typo, they use ast_mutext_t instead
of ast_mutex_t.

Cheers,

Zoa.