[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk PSTN gateway billing issue

Nir Simionovich nirs at dimitel.com
Tue May 31 08:52:41 MST 2005

Hi Guys,

  I've encountered such an issue in the past, in a case where a carrier was
passing
SIP calls onto a GSM gateway that was set to produce false-progress tones,
by simply
Answering the call that was generated to the GSM bank, then dialing and
mimicing the
Tones generated by a PSTN line.

  This is fairly common in situations where the GSM bank is either
misconfigured, or
Simply is configured to provide these tones.

Nir S