[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk PSTN gateway billing issue

Steven critch at basesys.com
Tue May 31 06:48:36 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 14:32 +0100, Noel Sharpe wrote:

> It's at this point that the call is reported as being "answered", but in
> reality the destination has not even begun ringing yet.  The CDR files
> of the asterisk server show the correct call duration.  Of course the
> CDR logs from the SER side are not correct, as it reports that the call
> was answered when it was placed on the zap channel.  If the last leg of
> the call does not ever complete, the CDR logs on the SER side still show
> the call as being answered.

Am I correct that you are complaining that the SER and asterisk CDRs
aren't matching up? If so and you mention that the asterisk CDR is
correct, then you need to dive into the SIP implementation and see why
it is sending answered before the line is actually answered.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>